Home Forums Arabic ِArabic verb conjugator

Tagged: 

• ِArabic verb conjugator

Jan updated 6 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Posts
  • Jan

May 3, 2020 at 1:18 am

Hi there, I am a true lover of the Arabic language. Having studied all the grammar I had in my textbook on the Arabic verb I decided to write an automated Arabic verb conjugator. I would like to share it with you:  https://janverhaar.pythonanywhere.com

I would be very honoured if you check it out and let me know what you think of it.

• This discussion was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jan. Reason: typo
    • This discussion was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  Jan.
    • This discussion was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  Lingualism.
  • Matthew 

Administrator
    May 3, 2020 at 8:09 am

Jan, very cool! I like that you can see the conjugations with or without tashkeel or in transliteration. Seems like a great tool. I remember there was an (although less user-friendly) online conjugator for Arabic years ago, but it’s since disappeared. Thanks for sharing!

• Jan

May 3, 2020 at 10:58 am

hi Matthew, thank you for your kind message.  
      Earlier today I purchased your books (the dictionary and the one on verb conjugation; they are very nice!). I know some other Arabic verb conjugators (assiraaj almuniir; ACON); in particular assiraaj almuniir is free, extended and very OK. The added value of my Conjugator is in the direct vicinity of the morpheme types, the mapping of roots on these morpheme types and the rules that have been applied. In addition to this the graphs aim to provide an overview of the distribution of Arabic verbs over typologies (consonant, assimilated, etc) and forms (your Measures) just to give the user an idea of what kind of verbs one can run into (and what verbs are rare, non-existent or complex at first sight but actually sound, as you mention in your book on verb conjugation). Best regards, Jan

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
ajax-loader

sale Ends in

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds