Home Forums Levantine Arabic Other online resources

Tagged: , ,

• Other online resources

Lingualism  updated 4 days, 8 hours ago 7 Members · 12 Posts
  • Alan

January 28, 2020 at 12:33 pm

Has anyone tried LinQ? Polyglot Steve Kaufman seems to rate it on youtube talking to Mike Still

• Matthew 

January 28, 2020 at 1:21 pm

Steve Kaufmann runs LingQ. We’re actually in talks to have some Lingualism materials made available as LingQ premium courses this year. I think it’s a great tool and have been using it for learning Russian for a while now. A key feature is that it looks up words you highlight in online dictionaries and creates flashcards for you. Of course, with Arabic dialects, this doesn’t always go smoothly, but there will hopefully soon be some improvements in that department.

• Alan

January 29, 2020 at 12:54 am

Thanks Matthew

• Burgie

July 2, 2020 at 8:16 am

Any news on Lingq and Lingualism?

• Lingualism 

July 8, 2020 at 6:06 am

Yes, we now have three books available for study on the LingQ platform: Mido in Levantine Arabic, Mido in Egyptian Arabic, and Romeo and Juliet (MSA). https://www.lingq.com/en/learn/ar/web/paid

• Shena

July 13, 2020 at 2:17 am

I cannot find these resources on LingQ.. The link takes me to a page that says:

No courses for .

• Lingualism 

July 13, 2020 at 6:58 am

Strange. I’m not sure why. Be sure you’re logged in to LingQ and have your learning language set to Arabic, then click on “Store” in the left menu. They should appear there. If they don’t, please send me a screenshot showing the problem or contact LingQ directly.

• Shena

July 13, 2020 at 11:33 am

Thank you! I found it now – one of my settings was stopping them showing.

• Alexandra

October 17, 2020 at 8:08 am

do you know if the Levantine is version closer to the Arabic spoken in Syria, Lebanon, or Jordan? Thank you!

• This reply was modified 4 days, 18 hours ago by  Alexandra.
        • Lingualism 

October 17, 2020 at 5:17 pm

The Mido book is Lebanese, Beiruti specifically.

• Anie

October 13, 2020 at 6:13 am

Please do I have to buy the LingQ membership before I would be able to access them? Or is it just available but I haven’t seen them yet?

• Lingualism 

October 13, 2020 at 5:52 pm

You have to be a member to view and buy the courses, but I don’t believe you have to have a paid premium membership, although the functionality of the LingQ site is restricted if you have the free membership.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
ajax-loader