Lingualism Forums

Ask questions, find answers, and help others with the contents of Lingualism materials and language in general.

Home Forums Language Learning Study schedule and self study

• Study schedule and self study

Nasrani updated 4 days, 10 hours ago 5 Members · 6 Posts
  • ahmir

April 18, 2020 at 12:17 am

I study Arabic alone and have done the basics and now can’t seem the motivation to carry on. Please share you study habits and if you study alone how you do it..     thank you 

• Lily

April 21, 2020 at 7:03 am

What level would you say you are? I have started watching TV shows or films without the subtitles on and writing down the words i don’t recognize, keeps me intrigued. Other wise because we are in lockdown right now I set at least one hour a day to study vocab that I am not super strong on. I make sentences with the vocab and do flashcards on quizlet. hope this helps a bit! happy studying! 

• ahmir

June 6, 2020 at 8:04 am

I am basically at the same level as you and try to do the same but I struggle to understand anything on TV shows as they speak to fast

• Anie

October 13, 2020 at 6:06 am

Try watching cartoons in Arabic (from Cartoon Arabic Network) or something that you like (emphasis on that – so that you don’t lose interest soon) bit by bit, or short videos of that.

• Mike

October 13, 2020 at 1:18 pm

Have you checked out the site thelevantongue.com

Really good for self study and improving Levantine Arabic.

They’ve just uploaded 3 videos on YouTube(you have to pay for the transcripts which I’m not a fan of) but def worth checking out😊

• Nasrani

October 17, 2020 at 3:03 pm

Well, there goes my weekend!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
ajax-loader