Lingualism Forums

Ask questions, find answers, and help others with the contents of Lingualism materials and language in general.

Home Forums Lingualism Products and Community Upcoming Lingualism books

• Upcoming Lingualism books

• David

February 22, 2020 at 2:54 am

Hello @Matthew, I was wondering whether you would be willing to give us a sneak preview of any upcoming Arabic books you are working on or thinking about for the near future? I am curious!

• Matthew 

Administrator
    February 22, 2020 at 7:32 am

Yes, I’ve been meaning to do that more. I don’t like publicizing projects until they’re well underway, because sometimes I abandon projects (or put them on the back burner for years) in favor of others. I’ll try to post updates in my feed and on Twitter (which you can see on the News page). Very quickly, I’m working with native speakers on three projects:

1. Egyptian Colloquial Arabic Vocabulary for Turkish speakers (translation from English to Turkish)

2. Moroccan Colloquial Arabic Vocabulary (adaptation of above book for learners of Moroccan)

3. A Levantine Arabic beginning learner’s dictionary with example sentences and audio.

And I’m putting together a grammar reference for Egyptian Arabic and an Egyptian Arabic dictionary containing at least all of the words in Lingualism publications. It’ll probably have around 5,000 words and I’ll add to it over the coming years and publish updates. Or, at least, that’s the plan. 🙂

• David

February 22, 2020 at 8:42 am

Thanks Matthew, looking forward to 2 and 3! Item 1 will not be very useful for me unless I take to learning Turkish from Arabic Yum I am particularly excited to hear that you plan to expand Lingualism materials to include Moroccan.

• Fatimah

February 22, 2020 at 10:42 am

I would be thrilled to see more stories in the style of the Diaries or Mido. Any plans to create learning versions of popular Egyptian stories? Perhaps novelizations of well known films or television series? Or similar forest into Egyptian culture?

• Lingualism 

Administrator
      April 5, 2020 at 7:33 am

Sorry for the late reply, Fatimah. Somehow I missed your message. I’ve definitely been considering more reading materials, perhaps short stories. There might be room on the schedule for such projects later this year. I was also thinking about a series of unscripted dialogues between native speakers on various topics. Unfortunately, it would be difficult to license novelizations of films or TV series, but I love the idea! 

• Emy

April 2, 2020 at 8:46 am

Hello Matthew, 

I am delighted that there will be a book for moroccan dialect. I have been trying to learn it for some time but it is very difficult to come upon any good resources, especially when you get to the B1/B2 levels. 

• Lingualism 

Administrator
      April 5, 2020 at 7:43 am

Emy, Moroccan Colloquial Arabic Vocabulary is nearly ready! Hopefully, if it’s well-received, we may be able to do Moroccan adaptations of other materials for the B1/B2 level, such as a verb conjugation book or the Mido reader.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
ajax-loader