Shwayy 'An Haali
Shwayy 'An Haali
10 Levantine Arabic speakers (5 from Lebanon and 5 from Syria) x 30 questions = 300 responses. Read, listen, expand your vocabulary, and learn to express yourself better in Levantine Arabic.
- What’s your name?
- Where are you from?
- How old are you?
- When were you born?
- What do you do?
- Where do you live?
- Are you married?
- Do you have any brothers or sisters?
- Do you speak any foreign languages?
- What is your favorite color?
- Do you play any sports?
- What did you eat for lunch yesterday?
- When do you usually get up?
- What is your favorite food?
- Who is your favorite actor or actress?
- What are you wearing today?
- How many times a year do you get sick?
- What did you do this morning?
- What is your favorite season or kind of weather?
- Do you like to sing or dance?
- What color are your eyes and hair?
- What is your favorite holiday of the year?
- Can you drive?
- Where do you meet your friends?
- Is there anything you don’t like eating?
- What are you afraid of?
- How do you feel today?
- What are you going to do tomorrow?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- How would you describe your personality?
Shwayy ‘An Haali (“A Little About Myself”) will be of tremendous help to independent language learners who want to develop their conversational skills and increase their Levantine (Lebanese and Syrian) Arabic vocabulary.
Shwayy ‘An Haali presents the results of a survey given to 10 Levantine Arabic speakers, five from Lebanon and five from Syria. Each of the 30 sections in the book begins with a question from the survey followed by the 10 responses and a breakdown of the vocabulary. Each section concludes with a page where you are encouraged to give your own answer to the question using newly learned words and phrases.
The book has been designed in such a way that it can be an effective learning tool for learners at all levels, with glossaries of even the most basic words for beginners, and unvoweled texts and Modern Standard Arabic translations for more advanced learners.
Please sign in or create a free account to access the accompanying audio file(s).
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email with an activation link. Once you have activated your account, navigate back to this same place (or refresh the page), where you will find the accompanying audio.