Track 1 - What's your name?
Shuwayya ‘An Nafsi (شُوَيّه عن نفْسى šuwáyya 3an náfsi A Little About Myself) will be of tremendous help to independent language learners who want to develop their conversational skills and increase their Arabic vocabulary.
Very simply, Shuwayya ‘An Nafsi presents the results of a survey given to 10 Egyptians. Each of the 30 sections in the book begins with a question from the survey followed by the 10 responses and a breakdown of the vocabulary. Each section concludes with a page where you are encouraged to give your own answer to the question using newly learned words and phrases.
The book has been designed in such a way that it can be an effective learning tool for learners at all levels, with glossaries of even the most basic words for beginners, and unvoweled texts and Modern Standard Arabic translations for more advanced learners.
The accompanying audio (MP3s) is available below to download or stream for free.
The 30 Questions in Shuwayya ‘An Nafsi:
- What’s your name?
- Where are you from?
- How old are you?
- When were you born?
- What do you do?
- Where do you live?
- Are you married?
- Do you have any brothers or sisters?
- Do you speak any foreign languages?
- What is your favorite color?
- Do you play any sports?
- What did you eat for lunch yesterday?
- When do you usually get up?
- What is your favorite food?
- Who is your favorite actor or actress?
- What are you wearing today?
- How many times a year do you get sick?
- What did you do this morning?
- What is your favorite season or kind of weather?
- Do you like to sing or dance?
- What color are your eyes and hair?
- What is your favorite holiday of the year?
- Can you drive?
- Where do you meet your friends?
- Is there anything you don’t like eating?
- What are you afraid of?
- How do you feel today?
- What are you going to do tomorrow?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- How would you describe your personality?
Download a Sample
Not sure if Shuwayya ‘An Nafsi is right for you? Download a free sample of this PDF eBook that includes dozens of pages for an extended preview. See how the eBook looks on your screen and how it prints out. You can download the accompanying audio for the whole book for free.
MP3s are available to download and stream free of charge.
To access the audio, you need a password, which you receive when you sign up to our mailing list. The password is also given, for your convenience, in email announcements from Lingualism.
If you have not already signed up, click here.
Enter your password below: