By registering an account or by making a purchase on our website, you agree to receive our newsletter, product updates, and information regarding your site membership and orders.
Your email address is only used to send you our newsletter and information about the activities of Lingualism.com. You can always use the unsubscribe link included in the newsletter if you wish to be removed from the newsletter mailing list.
We only sell digital products on our website. If you prefer to purchase physical books, they are available on Amazon.
Due to the non-returnable nature of digital downloads, all sales are final.
- When you purchase a digital product from Lingualism.com, that copy is intended for your own personal use. While you can make copies of a file for use on another device that you own, such as a tablet or smartphone, you cannot share copies with other people. You also cannot resell your purchased products; ownership is yours only and cannot be transferred.
- After successful completion of a purchase, you are taken to a page where you can download your purchases. You can also access your past purchases anytime on the website via My Account → Downloads.
- When purchasing a digital product you should save a copy of the file on a hard drive or cloud as a backup for future access. Although we are currently offering access to your past purchases on the website for your convenience, this cannot be guaranteed indefinitely. It is your responsibility to keep backup copies of files for purchased digital products and is only Lingualism’s responsibility to provide access to the file(s) upon purchase.
Membership and Activity
By registering an account on Lingualism.com, you agree to abide by the rules and guidelines.
Membership is a privilege.
Use of the interactive features of the website (Forum,
Groups, Activity Feed, Messaging, etc.), and your speech therein is not a right. It is a privilege granted you by Lingualism and can be revoked at any time without warning at the discretion of the administrators.
Each member is responsible for their own posts.
- Messages posted are the sole opinion and responsibility of the poster.
- You agree not to hold Lingualism or its members liable for anything stated within the forums.
- When a message is posted on Lingualism’s
Groups orForums, you are granting an irrevocable license to the site to use it in perpetuity.
- Any translations, definitions, and explanations that you provide can be used by Lingualism to integrate into future publications or blog posts.
- Do not post personal data such as email addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Excerpts of email or private messages are not allowed.
- Anyone posting another member’s personal details without permission will be banned.
- Maintain a considerate, respectful, helpful, and cordial tone. Treat others in the way that you wish to be treated.
- Keep your language clean and decent.
- Any content that we feel is inflammatory, vulgar, or rude will be removed. Avoid contentious/controversial topics such as politics and religion.
- Slanderous, abusive, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, insulting, threatening, and harassing comments or images are not tolerated. If anyone uses inappropriate language, starts a personal attack, or engages in hate speech, their membership will be revoked.
- Comments made by moderators may not necessarily reflect the opinions of Lingualism.com.
- Moderators may edit, delete, or modify any posts in the
groups,forums, or activity feed, especially if the content is inappropriate, derogatory, links to questionable websites or materials, or infringes on copyrights.
- You may register with one user name only.
- Do not pretend to be someone you are not. This includes gender, nationality, and native language.
- Do not use another person’s photo as your profile photo. Use a photo of yourself or an avatar.
- While nicknames are fine, do not use a fictitious name. For example, if your name is Mark, do not present yourself as John.
- It is the administrators’ right to ban and block users whose accounts are perceived as suspicious.
Adhere to the function of each section of the website, specifically:
You can post messages about your language learning journey–your study habits, goals, achievements, etc.–and offer encouragement, motivation, personal study tips, language hacks, etc.
Groups Practice using the target language. Refrain as much as possible from using English or other languages.
- The Language Forums are conducted in English.
- The discussions are meant to help in understanding points about language (grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, etc.) of the target language and content in Lingualism materials. Do not ask other members or moderators to translate or proofread texts or homework.
- Before you post a question, search for the answer first. If your question has already been addressed, your discussion may be deleted.
- Ask about only one topic in each discussion. If you have more than one question, open a discussion for each.
- Stay on the topic of the first post in each discussion. If you wish to talk about a related subject that is different from the question posed in the first post of the discussion, open a new discussion.
- If you wish to talk about an unrelated subject, or make an unrelated comment to another member, send a message instead.
- No chatting.
- Respect intellectual property. Always acknowledge the source. No plagiarized content is allowed. No copyrighted material may be inserted into posts except minor fair use excerpts.
- Do not link to copyrighted materials or websites that host illegal or questionable content. Questions or answers with non-Lingualism links must have a brief summary of the link’s content—do not post bare links to external sites.
- No promotional activity or advertising of any kind is permitted in the forum. It will be the sole discretion of Lingualism and its moderators as to what constitutes an advertisement or promotion.
- All forms of inserted content that do not meet these conditions will be removed without exception.
Stars and Credits
- Members can earn points (called Stars) by interacting with the website and other memberships in various ways, as stated on the My Stats and Help pages.
- The criteria for earning Stars and the amount of Stars earned for various actions can change at any time at the discretion of the administrators.
- Stars are meant to be a fun way to motivate members to be active on the website and continue learning. As a bonus, Credits are earned as you collect Stars and can be used toward purchases, as stated on the My Stats and Help pages.
- Members who are believed to be abusing the Stars and Credits system by spamming or posting worthless content in order to rack up Stars and Credits without making actual contributions to the Lingualism community in adherence to the spirit of the community and its guidelines may have their Stars and/or Credits revoked without notice at the discretion of the administrators.
- Email the administrators about problematic posts, rule violations, or anything else you think needs moderator attention. Please, do not react to rule violations; just report them.
- Discussions about moderator/administrator actions or complaints/reports about specific members’ behavior should be discussed via email–not in the public forums.
You agree that any personal information you have entered will be stored in a database. The administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised. Do not transmit any sensitive personal information by private message.