Russian with Native Speakers will be of tremendous help to independent learners of the Russian language who want to develop conversational skills and increase vocabulary.
Russian with Native Speakers (Book 1) presents the results of a survey given to 14 native speakers of Russian. Each of the 30 sections in the book begins with a question from the survey followed by the 14 responses and a breakdown of the vocabulary. Each section concludes with a page where you are encouraged to give your own answer to the question using newly learned words and phrases.
The book has been designed in such a way that it can be an effective learning tool for learners at all levels, with glossaries of even the most basic words for beginners, and grammatical information for more advanced learners.
Free audio tracks are available below to download or stream, as well as free online activities to pre-learn and practice the vocabulary for each section of the book.
Book 2’s release is expected in late 2020.
- What’s your name?
- Where are you from?
- How old are you?
- When were you born?
- What do you do?
- Where do you live?
- Are you married?
- Do you have any brothers or sisters?
- Do you speak any foreign languages?
- What is your favorite color?
- Do you play any sports?
- What did you eat for lunch yesterday?
- When do you usually get up?
- What is your favorite food?
- Who is your favorite actor or actress?
- What are you wearing today?
- How many times a year do you get sick?
- What did you do this morning?
- What is your favorite season or kind of weather?
- Do you like to sing or dance?
- What color are your eyes and hair?
- What is your favorite holiday of the year?
- Can you drive?
- Where do you meet your friends?
- Is there anything you don’t like eating?
- What are you afraid of?
- How do you feel today?
- What are you going to do tomorrow?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- How would you describe your personality?
Oksana Baranova, co-author of the Beginning Learner’s Russian dictionary, is ready to help you take your Russian to the next level with 1-on-1 Skype lessons.
Become familiar with the Russian vocabulary in each section of Russian with Native Speakers to improve your comprehension skills.
Get help in the forum. Discussions, questions, and answers about the book.