By becoming a member of the Lingualism community, you can:
- access the free accompanying audio components
- access and re-download the files included in your past purchases
You need to click on the link in the confirmation email and then a button to activate your account.
You should receive a confirmation email immediately after you register. If you cannot find it in your inbox, it likely ended up in your junk mail folder. If you still cannot find your confirmation email, email us, and we’ll manually activate your account for you.
A common issue is that someone fills out the registration form, then immediately tries to sign in without having activated the account through the confirmation email first. Some think there is an issue with their password and try changing it, but the system won’t recognize you until the account is activated.
Do I already have membership? We just started memberships in January 2020. If you haven’t visited since then, you don’t have membership and still need to register. Previously, you may have just joined our mailing list and received a password for the audio, which we have now done away with.
If you need to reset your password, click here and enter your email address. If you signed up with that email address, you will receive a link to click, after which you will be asked to enter your NEW password TWICE. You will not need to enter your old password.
(If you’re not sure if you have previously signed up or which email address you used, search your inbox for the keyword Lingualism to see if there is a sign up confirmation email.)
Repeatedly trying to sign in with an email address that isn’t registered may cause the Firewall to block you (thinking that you are a bot attempting a brute force hack).
At checkout, you will be presented with three payment options:
- Credit Card (Stripe)
- Amazon Pay
Yes. Transactions on our website are protected with up to 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. We do not see your credit card number as the trusted third-party company of your choice (Stripe, PayPal, or Amazon) processes your payment for us.
After your payment is processed, you will be taken a page where you can download your purchased products. Click on the download links and save the files to a secure location on your computer or cloud storage for backup.
You will also receive an email with the download links. You must be logged in on your computer’s browser in order to download by clicking the links in the email; otherwise, you will get a “This is not your download link.” error message.
You can access your past purchases anytime via Account → Downloads.
Before January 2020, we did not have accounts. If you placed orders before then or used a different email address, please let us know, and we will link your orders to your new account so that they are available to you on your Downloads page.
The quantity refers to the number of licenses you are purchasing. Each purchased license is for personal use. If you plan to share or gift a copy of an eBook or Anki flashcard deck, you should purchase additional licenses.
- The Lingualism Newsletter is sent periodically to keep you up to date with what’s happening on the site, new and upcoming products, and offers.
- Registering for an account on the site or making a purchase on the site automatically signs you up to the Newsletter.
- You can unsubscribe from the Newsletter at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of a Newsletter email.
You may receive emails regarding past purchases–for example, to let you know about an updated version of a PDF eBook that is available to download.
MP3s - Audio
- Sign up for free membership to our site.
- Be sure you are logged in.
- Navigate to the corresponding book’s product page in the Lingualism Shop and scroll down to the audio section.
- You can download the audio as a zipped file (two files for some books) or stream the audio directly from that page.
- If you do not have a membership account or are not logged in, the audio tracks will not be visible on the product pages.
If you have not used Anki flashcards before, you may not be sure how to get them to work for you initially.
When troubleshooting with customers, these are the two most common sources of issues:
- The file(s) you can buy from Lingualism are data files, not a program, so you need to have the Anki program installed on your computer to run the data files. You can download Anki here for free.
- Your downloaded Anki decks from Lingualism are zipped files. You first need to unzip them so that the file extension ends in .apkg (and not .zip). You can then import them into the Anki program.
For more details and tutorials, see our Anki resources: Click here.