Spanish Voices 1
Spanish Voices 1
A2, B1, B2
Spanish Voices presents dozens of audio essays on a variety of topics by native speakers. Each essay is transcribed, translated into English, and includes exercises to improve comprehension. Interactive flashcards, quizzes, games, as well as free audio tracks are available below.
Spanish Voices is a two-part* series designed to provide learners with an opportunity to hear and study authentic Spanish as it is spoken by native speakers from around Latin America and Spain. Unlike the scripted materials read by voice actors used in many course books, Spanish Voices offers dozens of audio essays spoken naturally and off-the-cuff. The materials in the books are designed to help you improve your listening skills and expand your vocabulary in Spanish. MP3s can be downloaded for free below. You can also find interactive flashcards, quizzes, and games below.
* Part 2 coming late 2021
Topics include: self-introductions, childhood memories, daily routines, my hometown, vacations, cultural topics, and social issues.
Each segment consists of:
- True or False and Multiple Choice exercises to sharpen your listening skills and increase how much you can understand, whatever your level.
- Vocabulary and Translation exercises to help you expand your vocabulary and improve your understanding of Spanish collocations and grammar.
- In-chapter answers to the exercises (no having to flip back and forth to the back of the book).
- Verbatim transcripts of the audio with side-by-side English translations.
- Lined sections for note-taking and recording new vocabulary.
Please sign in or create a free account to access the accompanying audio file(s).
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email with an activation link. Once you have activated your account, navigate back to this same place (or refresh the page), where you will find the accompanying audio.
¡Hola! Mi nombre es Jaime y soy de Chile. Tengo veinticinco años, y vivo en la ciudad de San Fernando.
¡Hola! ¿Cómo estás? Me llamo Gisela. Me gusta mucho leer. Me encanta hacer rompecabezas.
¡Hola! Soy Chelo y tengo veinticuatro años. Nací en Valencia, ciudad en la que vivo actualmente.
¿Qué tal? ¡Buen día! Mi nombre es Jared. Tengo veintidós años y vivo en la República Dominicana.
Hola, Soy Melanie. Tengo veintitrés años. Soy mexicana y vivo en Mazatlán, Sinaloa.
Hola! ¿Qué tal? Mi nombre es Felipe. Tengo treinta años. Soy de Bogotá, la capital de Colombia.